News from Dan Pop

Discussion related to Ooberman and side-projects.

Moderator: Chantal

Dan-Pop
Buster

Post by Dan-Pop » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi there folks, I'm guessing the 3 remaining Ooberman fans in the Universe would like an update on future stuff.

Huddle round, my poor leftovers from that post Britpop hallucinatory era of imminent, never found stardom. Alas, we know there is an alternative timeline when the Oob, not Coldplay won best newcomers at the 1999 NME Brat Awards; we see the haze of righteous justice crackle in our mystic balls, only to fade back to the grim reality. A reality nevertheless of a battle fought honestly, for high values and individuality, eccentric but honest and timeless music made for good reasons, the last being commercial.

So, if you're still with me...

Ok the plan with Ooberman.net was to announce the intention to create a Rarities album, cobbled from old tapes, plus record some new things to try make it worth you having. We got the go-ahead from the distributor with the stratospheric offer of £150 each (expenses permitting), me and Andy devised the tracklist, and then... well me and Andy were really busy, him with his heroic, storming solo album, me with my commercial muzak for movie trailers, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, National Geographic, etc...

BUT!! Andy's album is done, and by the end of Jan my current project finishes and the time will return to tend to our rare collection.

Can you wait? Will it ever be ready? Pray fair bretheren, and your wishes will be answered.

Happy New Year!

Dan Pop

leeree
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by leeree » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:51 pm

took your time didn't you!
:)

can we wait? no- i'm off to listen to x&y. fuckin' great*

*this maybe a lie.
hey charlie! hey Chuck!

James
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by James » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:16 pm

Thanks - looking forward to it.

Wayne
Beany Bean

Post by Wayne » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:39 pm

Three remaining fans - don't think so !?!?! (although I note I am the third to reply...)
But have you noticed if you put Ooberman into Google you get loads of people's blogs saying ... just discovered Ooberman, they're great, do they still exist etc....
It seems people are catching on, just over time. Hopefully Andy's record will be a real stormer.
And new Ooberman stuff for the rarities album, very exciting can't wait, bring it on Mr Pop and stop messing with silly background music. :D

ooberperson
Lavender Blue

Post by ooberperson » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:21 pm

:D woo yay.
Monkies monkies everywhere, each as cute as the other.

Chantal
Sugar Bum

Post by Chantal » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:26 pm

Hoorah! Some decent new music is definitely needed. Oh yes. :D

Sean
Sugar Bum

Post by Sean » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:59 pm

Seeing as this appears to be a useful place to announce A COMEBACK from me...

Yes that's right I was never quite *there* but I am indeed on my way back, some might say "bouncing back" but that might be too appropriate given my comedic influences...

BUT ANYWAY I SHALL STRAY FROM THE POINT NO LONGER I am a little bit skint because my side project as a visual director for radio advertisements isn't going quite as planned so I have decided to come back to the limelight I never was in if that makes sense this is a long sentence isn't it I'm going to finish it....now.

Yes my new band, called "Is it a cob or is it a bap?", are going to be hitting the UK shores (literally) with a secret "tour of the shores"...we're hoping to play all the popular resorts (Scarbro, Brighton, Shetland) but we haven't quite got around to writing the songs yet, but the new album is going to be called "it depends on which part of the country you're from you ineducated eeejit and non-appreciator of the diversity of our beautiful language".

By the way, it's a bap.

Watch this space...ironically, we're launching the album....in SPACE so look out for that one, tickets available from your local shops, just any shops, as long as they have a door and such like...we're securing a deal to bag you a ten pence discount on a BLT in white (triangle package, none of that large cob/bap nonsense) from Greggs or maybe even Ainsley's...but i'm not sure if they even do sandwiches...

good to see you're all still here.....

Much love

Seanplop.
iPOP

Jonfaro
Lavender Blue

Post by Jonfaro » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:04 pm

ahrghhh i thought id escaped but wandered back, hi clare er wow new(ish) oob stuff how cool my ears hurt from listerning to the magic treehouse on a cassette some angel did for me of it (but obv have sicne perchased) in my car its a anchient volvo with no cd player bah

ernie

sanity has left the building

DENIS MACE
Not A Newbie

Post by DENIS MACE » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:59 pm

Bonjour,

I am terribly to be so late in joining this forum but Dan, you must know that there are people who STILL care about Ooberman and i must say i am one of those...

I am French , from Brittany, and fell in love with the band right from the start . When asked to compile my all-time favourites from a 4,000lp reord collection, i never fail to include "roll me in cotton".

I ordered Hey Petrunko from Townsend and still love it ..It simply is one of the most beautiful albums of the last 1O years, achieving something that is getting rare : beauty, a sense of wide-eyed innocence and a disregard for the latest trend(s). The art of songwriting is something i still regard as the highest achievement and i must say that it can be heard in every song on Petrunko.

These are hard times for lots of bands but please keep the faith!

I am sure more people than you think have a passion for Ooberman ,

Thanks a zillion times for such beautiful songs,

DENIS @ denis.mace@wanadoo.fr

Chem
Beany Bean

Post by Chem » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:20 pm

Ooberman are wank

Sean
Sugar Bum

Post by Sean » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Chem wrote:Ooberman are wank
yEAH BUT SOMETIMES YOU LIKE A GOOD W@NK don#'t YOU JIM CHEMINAIS IF THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME!

* disclaimer - sober as a judge
iPOP

Hansom
Not A Newbie

Post by Hansom » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:26 am

I know the chances are slim, but REFORM, dammit. Ooberman provided so much to my life.

I have to ask now, i'll probably never get the chance again. Remember when you played York Fibbers? I asked you, Sophie and the Flett lads to go on your next tour when you did the signing tent at Leeds Fest. I said you should do a gig there because we'd get a good crowd out. Did that make you think about it or was it for a completely unrelated reason? Like i say, i have to ask.

Chem
Beany Bean

Post by Chem » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:41 pm

Sean wrote:
Chem wrote:Ooberman are wank
yEAH BUT SOMETIMES YOU LIKE A GOOD W@NK don#'t YOU JIM CHEMINAIS IF THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME!

* disclaimer - sober as a judge

nah i dont wank, God would get angry with me spilling my seed when i am not ment to.

Sean
Sugar Bum

Post by Sean » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:46 am

I SEEd what you mean...........................................L9OL FLNMWDFJI M,OL LOL

Yeah by the way pal I told Ooberman to one day play at the New Roscoe in Leeds and I wonder if that was why they did play there, or was it cos it was the only venue that would book them...
iPOP

Dan-Sump
Not A Newbie

Post by Dan-Sump » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Me and my wife are still huge Ooberfans. Who's the other one?
Dan Sumption
<a href='http://www.sumption.org' target='_blank'>www.sumption.org</a>

Sean
Sugar Bum

Post by Sean » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:40 pm

His name is Juan Thime, he lives in an island (no not on, in) just outside of Australia. He moved there cos he suggested that The Ooberman play a gig there on a beach, under the stars, surrounded by lobsters and scorpions. Apparently The Ooberman's booking agent couldn't get in touch with The Island's main music venue "the beach" and so they couldn't stop off there on their world tour of England and a bit of Wales.
iPOP

DT Racer
Beany Bean

Post by DT Racer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Sean wrote:His name is Juan Thime, he lives in an island (no not on, in) just outside of Australia. He moved there cos he suggested that The Ooberman play a gig there on a beach, under the stars, surrounded by lobsters and scorpions. Apparently The Ooberman's booking agent couldn't get in touch with The Island's main music venue "the beach" and so they couldn't stop off there on their world tour of England and a bit of Wales.

I've heard of that guy!!

The Fugees name drop him several times during Killing Me Softly don't they!

James
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by James » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:06 pm

Kev, please...

DT Racer
Beany Bean

Post by DT Racer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:07 pm

James wrote:Kev, please...
what?

Hansom
Not A Newbie

Post by Hansom » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:39 pm

Sean wrote:I SEEd what you mean...........................................L9OL FLNMWDFJI M,OL LOL

Yeah by the way pal I told Ooberman to one day play at the New Roscoe in Leeds and I wonder if that was why they did play there, or was it cos it was the only venue that would book them...
I used to have the setlist from that night, it's gone AWOL though... bah