Seeking Permission

Discussion related to Ooberman and side-projects.

Moderator: Chantal

Ecki-Ecki
Not A Newbie

Seeking Permission

Post by Ecki-Ecki » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Hello there,

I make animated movies for a hobby using The Movies software. These movies are made and uploaded for anyone to watch and no money is made from them.

I bought the Gothic Angel Warriors cd (#154) but I wasn't sure if that alone gave me permission to use the music in the movies I make.
So, as the thread title suggests, i'm here asking for permission to use track 3 - Lucem Fero, in the trailer for my next 'movie'

It's a sci-fi series called Conquest - Beginnings, it's based in the universe created by another 'The Movies' user http://www.freewebs.com/conquest/

Thanks.
Marvellous Guppi Movies

Chantal
Sugar Bum

Post by Chantal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Wow, I haven't played The Movies in ages. You're making me want to now.

Dan Pop
Lavender Blue

Post by Dan Pop » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:32 pm

hello ecki-ecki

although I wrote this I'm not the copyright holder. i can only say what I'd do - use it without permission unless money becomes involved or it all gets a bit big, for example being shown on TV, then I can put you in touch with the companies you need to get the permission from.

strictly speaking though you can't use it without permission. write to me at ooberinfo@ooberman.net if you need more info

dan

Ecki-Ecki
Not A Newbie

Post by Ecki-Ecki » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.
There's no danger of it ever getting big enough to be shown on tv or anything involving a large amount of cash, I think only 100 or so people will ever see it.
I've uploaded it the the TMO website. http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/151495
Don't tell anyone :D :wink:

Been a fan since the Shorley Wall EP, was a pleasure to use some oob related music :)

mGm

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:21 am

someone set us up the bomb
honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.