further proof

Discussion related to Ooberman and side-projects.

Moderator: Chantal

Jonfaro
Lavender Blue

further proof

Post by Jonfaro »

By the fact we have 3 threads on the same subject a tempermental but amazingly maintained forum and lots of randomness shows that us oober peeps are a bunch of weirdoes and creative beautiful people who jush happen to have no grip on reality

Johnny

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

I may or may not have said on here already, but I've got plans to chuck away my sad excuse for a social life, and make a music video (completely free of charge) for the Magic Theatre song "You're Too Beautiful" - if that's alright with Mr Pop. So yes, I'm weird and creative, though I wouldn't call myself beautiful.

Jonfaro
Lavender Blue

Post by Jonfaro »

hello this is dan yes you can and johnny my good friend should be in the video as he is a very beautiful in a manly way kinda man

haha think i got away with that one

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

I don't want to give too much away, but no-one's planned to be in the video.

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William »

honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

That's a lovely video. I was thinking more along the lines of this...

...but a little more carefully drawn.

Don't scoff. The song is around three and a half minutes long, and I'm going to need eight frames per second. To spare you the maths, that's around 1,640 pictures, and I've got around 16 weeks to do it before the release of the album. 100 pictures per week, at the moment I do four or five pictures a day. It's a big commitment for me, I'm going to have to put my whole life on hold for four months to make it.

Dan Pop
Lavender Blue

Post by Dan Pop »

you have more than 16 weeks, the project is running way behind schedule :-) relax, sit in the garden

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

Ah-hah! Thanks. Brilliant bittersweet, gotta wait longer for the album, but don't have to work my arse off; which I do gladly for Ooberman. The "hold 'em as long as you can" strategy (also known as The Lost Tapes) makes my very happy, should keep my cravings at bay until The Magic Theatre comes out. Anyway, off to the garden, it's a nice still evening...

Jonfaro
Lavender Blue

Post by Jonfaro »

ash your a leg end good luck with it i could quit work and spend the summer in exeter but i have the artistic skills of a moose although made a model man out of the wire that goes around the cork on a drinks bottle last night

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

So far I've done about 0.6 seconds of animation, and I've actually put a fair bit of time to it. Drat.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

Ash G wrote:That's a lovely video. I was thinking more along the lines of this...

...but a little more carefully drawn.
When properly drawn, she looks a bit more like this: [link]

Wayne
Beany Bean

Post by Wayne »

:oops: I just opened that at work! It's a bit rude... :!:

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

She's beautiful.

If you're interested in how the animation is coming along; 5 frames done, just another 1755 to go! It's not in my nature to give up, even though it's looking doubtful that I could possibly finish it this year. As the owner of a design studio I have a great track record of never having missed a deadline. Thankfully I don't have a deadline, so if I take ages my record will be unbroken. I'm fairly determined to do this. I might post a single frame of animation for you to have a look at what it'll look like. Nothing too stunning visually, just a basic pencil outline that moves a bit.

Oh! Important! - can anyone actually animate this stuff? I have Windows Movie Maker, but that only creates a "playlist" of files. I need some means to make an AVI or WMV or MOV file (preferably an AVI) - if anyone can do this or knows anyone that can, or has some decent software that I can animate slides, add music and turn them into proper video file, then please let me know. Thanks

Chantal
Sugar Bum

Post by Chantal »

You should definitely be able to use Windows Movie Maker, you can export videos as WMV or AVI. If you need help doing it when you get to that stage, let me know :)

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

Chantal wrote:You should definitely be able to use Windows Movie Maker, you can export videos as WMV or AVI. If you need help doing it when you get to that stage, let me know :)
Hehe, it was Ctrl+P - easy when you know how. (either that, or "curses, you spoiled my excuse") - I had a good hit at it yesterday and this morning, now it's time for bed. The week has got by me really, yesterday was Sunday and now it's Friday again. Hopefully next week will actually exist, and I'll be able to do more towards it. Your support is very appreciated. Thankyou.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Bad bad news, I'm afraid.

Post by Ash G »

Forgive me.
I was at breaking point with work as it was, and now I've taken on yet another project, so the "You're Too Beautiful" animation will be postponed indefinitely. I dare say I could do it still, but doing so would mean I would have to work 24 hours a day.
Apologies to all who were looking forward to seeing it, and to the band.

retrofuturist
Lavender Blue

Post by retrofuturist »

That's a bummer... but make sure don't beat yourself up over it Ash.

Retro. :)

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

By way of redeeming myself, I've spent some time editing off the 'bad-bits' from Love Shit Ricochet. Those bits where the tape went funny and knar'd the sound up, I've had a go at fixing the more major errors. I left the small ones in, mind.
It's a rather hefty 8.9 megabytes, so someone else wants to give it web hosting, then please do, lest I max out my bandwidth allowance and it become unavailable. William, looking in your direction.

Download > [here]
(you'll have to right-click and then Save Target As...)

Let me know what you think of my mindless audiobutchery.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

Ash G wrote:Download > [here]
(you'll have to right-click and then Save Target As...)

Let me know what you think of my mindless audiobutchery.
That good, eh Image